Monday, October 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Hey everybody! For those of you who don't know..I am officially in the States! I arrived in Chicago at roughly 7:30 pm on Sunday, September 23rd to a sign that said "Welcome Home Jami!" My family and my boyfriend were there waiting for me, they are truly the best!

So you're probably wondering, "Why is she home? Its only October 1st, she was supposed to be coming home in December." Well, here's the story. About a month ago, I went to the immigration office to get my 90 day stay there extended. For some reason or another they only extended it for 30 days, so it would have expired today. In order to stay there for the last two months of my internship I would have had to leave the country for 72 hours, a country that doesn't border Honduras, and then I could stay for another 90 days. So the international office in Colorado and I decided that it was good timing because since a few groups have cancelled their trips to go down there my purpose for being there had changed. It was best for me to just stay here instead of going back. After being back for a few days, I realized how much I had truly missed being here! Though I had an absolutely amazing time in Honduras, its good to be home. I know its a somewhat confusing situation but I know that everything happens for a reason and God has amazing plans for me in the future!
me and my parents at the airport
My last few weeks in Honduras were great. From Wednesday, September 26th-29th the JPC team attended a conference called COICOM. According to the COICOM website, this is basically what it is: "The Latin American Confederation of Communicators, Pastors, Christian Leaders and Mass Media (COICOM) is a movement inspired by God's vision and mission is to train, motivate and mobilize the church for the evangelization of all Spanish speakers in the world. It was a great experience learning about technology for the church, evangelism and other topics.

here's a picture of the team at COICOM (from the left: Brenda, me Pavel, Mauricio, Santy and Brayan

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support through this journey I've been on! It was truly an amazing experience! I've learned so much about myself, my relationship with the Lord and so many other things! Dios les bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment